Weather and Climate Key Concepts
- Weather and climate are different.
- Earth's surface is much more efficiently heated by the sun than is the atmosphere.
- The amount of energy reaching any given point on Earth's surface is controlled by the angle of sunlight striking the surface and varies with the seasons.
- Winds are created by uneven heat distribution at Earth's surface and modified by the rotation of Earth.
- Energy transfer between Earth's surface and the atmosphere creates the weather.
- Both weather and climate are measurable and, to a certain extent, predictable.
- Convection is the major mechanism of energy transfer in the oceans, atmosphere, and Earth's interior.
- Convection in the atmosphere is a major cause of weather.
Files and Documents
Climate Factors (Rags to Riches) ** HTML MODE
Fronts, Winds, and Weather Oh my! (Challenge Board) ** HTML MODE