P.S. 7: Heat and Heat Transfer
- Illustrate and explain the results of the addition or subtraction of heat energy on the motion of molecules.
- Distinguish between heat and temperature.
- Compare and contrast Celsius and Kelvin temperature scales and describe absolute zero.
- Analyze a time/temperature graph of a phase change experiment to determine the temperature at which the phase change occurs (freezing point, melting point, or boiling point).
- Compare and contrast conduction, convection, and radiation and explain common examples.
- Explain in simple terms how the principle of heat transfer applies to heat engines, thermostats, and refrigerators.
- Design an investigation from a testable question related to heat transfer.