Your child's primary assignment is to study. Your child will have study guides (foldables),a multiplication lap book, and his/her interactive notebooks. These study tools contain essential rules and procedures your child should be studying every night. I require that your child study for a minimum time of ten minutes per night. Help your child study by calling questions from the study tools. Become inventive and make up a game. Give rewards for correct answers. With your help, there is no doubt that your child will be academically successful.
Studying nightly is mandatory!
( Additional Suggested Areas of Study as followed...)
Math - study basic multiplication and facts
- explore addition strategies-- make 10, fact families, doubles plus one, count on, number line, 100 board
- make up addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems. Solve.
Estimate to solve.
- study key words use to determine operation when solving word problems
- create word problems of your own, highlight key words, solve
- always study any rules/ procedures and study guides that have been given in class
******** check out the "What's New" navigation link to view weekly objectives