First Nine Weeks
- SOL 5.1 Round decimals to the nearest whole number, tenth, or hundredth.
- SOL 5.3a Describe the characteristics of prime and composite numbers. SOL 5.3b Describe characteristics of even and odd numbers.
- SOL 5.7 Order of Operations.
- SOL 5.19 Distributive Property.
- SOL 5.8 Metric Measurement.
- SOL 5.4 Problem Solving (word problems) involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers with and without remainders.
Second Nine Weeks
- SOL 5.5a Find the sum, difference, product, and quotient of decimals.
- SOL 5.5b Create and solve single step and multi-step problems involving decimals.
- SOL 5.2a Recognize and name fractions in their equivalent decimal form and vice versa.
- SOL 5.2b Compare and order fractions and decimals.
- SOL 5.6 Solve single-step and multi-step practical problems involving addition and subtraction with fractions and mixed numbers and express answers in simplest form.
- SOL 5.17 Describe the relationship found in a number pattern and express the the relationship.
Third Nine Weeks
- SOL 5.18a Describe the concept of a variable.
- SOL 5.18b Write an open sentence to represent a given mathimatical relationship using a variable.
- SOL 5.18c Model one-step linear equations in one variable, using addition and subtraction.
- SOL 5.18d Create a problem situation based on a given open sentence, using a single variable.
- SOL 5.16a Describe mean, median, and mode.
- SOL 5.16b Describe mean as (fair share).
- SOL 5.16c Find mean, median, mode, and range of a set of data.
- 5.15 Given a problem situation, collect, organize, and interpret data in a variety of forms, using stem-and-leaf plots and line graphs.
- SOL 5.10 Determine an amount of elapsed time in hours and minuteswith in a 24 hour period.
- SOL 5.8a Find perimeter, area, and volume in standard units of measure.
- SOL 5.8b Differentiate among perimeter, area, and volume and apply appropriately to a given situation.
Fourth Nine Weeks
- SOL 5.13 Using plane figures (square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram, rhombus, and trapeziod) will: a) develope definitions of these plane figures. b) investigate and describe the results of combining and subdividing plane figures.
- SOL 5.9 Identify and describe the diameter, radius, chord, and circumference of a circle.
- SOL 5.11 measure right, acute, obtuse, and straight angles.
- SOL 5.12a Classify angles as right, acute, obtuse, or straight.
- SOL 5.12b Classify triangles as right, acute, obtuse, equilateral, scalene, or isosceles.