Mrs. Bunn’s Kindergarten News
April 3-7, 2017
We are Learning...
Reading/LA: This week, Kindergarten will be reviewing the letter Uu. We will also be learning about Cause and Effect in a selection by Visualizing story details. We will continue to work with Blending and Segmenting words, and letter sounds in the beginning, middle, and end of words.
Math: This week, Kindergarten will begin Subtraction. We will be using the terms “take away”, “minus”, and “how many are left” when learning about subtraction.
Social Studies/Science: We will be learning about plant needs, plant life cycles and plant parts. This will include how living things change over time.
Reminders and Important Dates
* We are in need of tissue donations please!
* 1:00pm Dismissal for students April 4th & 5th-No Afterschool Care.
* Thursday, April 6th is Picture Day-Class & Individual Pictures.
* Friday Spirit Day-Super Hero Day-Wear a shirt, cape or costume displaying your favorite Super Hero.
* We will have Library only on Tuesdays only. We will have Guidance on Thursdays. Our schedule may change due to testing needs for the upper grades.
* We have Music on Monday, Library on Tuesday, Computer Lab on Wednesday, Guidance on Thursday (still fine tuning schedule for testing), and PE on Friday. Wear appropriate shoes please.
* Check with your child and see if they need more crayons, pencils, or glue. We have lots of children who need refills. I really appreciate it!
* Please make sure your child has a seasonal change of clothes here at school – LABELED.* Please send an afternoon snack for your child.
Monday: Read a book with a grown-up and look for your sight words.
Tuesday: Practice adding to 10 with a grown-up using the shoes in your closet. Add higher-to 15-if you can!
Wednesday: Complete worksheet in folder.
Thursday: Practice writing your Telephone
Add text here.