Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Elementary Education PK-6 Apple Teacher Computer Science Coach
Mrs. Stephanie Whitehead
Hello and Welcome! My name is Stephanie Whitehead and I am Southampton County's Elementary Instructional Technology Resource Teacher (ITRT). As an ITRT, I strive to provide on-site and on demand assistance while serving four elementary schools within the division. I believe in the implementation of technology through the curriculum of daily instruction.
Before becoming an ITRT, I spent two years as a classroom teacher in Southampton County Public Schools. As a teacher, I incorporated technology into my daily lessons. I was an avid user of the SmartBoard, Flipgrid, Scratch, WeDo2.0 and other technology resources that enhanced the learning of my students. I believe that my students thrived the most when given the opportunity to explore through the technological world by creating and innovating.
What is an ITRT?
An ITRT is an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher. The purpose of an ITRT is to help teachers incorporate technology into their instruction in a meaningful way. The ITRT is available to assist teachers with the integration of technology in the following ways:
- assist teachers with the integration of technology in the classroom
- assist with curriculum development as it relates to educational technology
- assist administrators and content supervisors with data-driven decision making relating to all areas of curriculum and instruction
- collaborate with teachers on emerging technologies
- create benchmark assessments as they pertain to student achievement and data correlation
- model instructional strategies with teachers and students
- offer direct assistance to teachers by way of classroom visitations
- provide training and professional development for teachers and administrators as needed
- research technology-based instructional strategies
- serve on building and/or division leadership teams relating to technology and instruction
- train teachers to use technology for differentiation of instruction
This website was created as a resource for teachers and a learning tool for students. As new technologies become available I will update. It is my hope that you will find something here that will be beneficial in your teaching and student learning process.
If you would like to request assistance from the ITRT, please feel free to complete an ITRT Help Request Form.