There are 3 expectations that I have of my students: a) Be Respectful, b) Be Responsible, and c) Be Safe. For each of the 3 expectations there are 2 rules that accompany them. They are as follows:
Follow directions the first time given.
Walk quietly in the classroom and building.
Raise your hand and wait to be called on.
Be prepared by having 2 sharpened pencils each day.
Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
Keep 6 feet (your 2 feet & the 4 chair feet) on the floor.
- All children will start the day on Blue.
- First rule broken will result in moving to Green and losing 5 minutes of recess.
- Second rule broken will result in moving to Yellow and losing 10 minutes of recess.
- Third rule broken will result in moving to Red, losing 15 minutes of recess and receiving a behavior note home that must be signed and returned.
- Fourth rule broken will result in staying on red, losing 20 minutes of recess, and a phone call home to a parent/guardian.
- Fifth rule broken will result in a referral to the office and all other consequences previously listed.
If your child is "caught being good" they will be given a star for the day. When your child ends the day with a star, they will get a hole punch in their behavior ticket. Once all of the holes are punched in their behavior ticket, they will recieve a prize for their outstanding behavior.